Air Taxi Charter
What is an Air Taxi?
‘Air Taxi’ might seem like a prop from Back To The Future, but it’s a wonderful way to travel and it’s widely available today. People generally order air taxis because they are a quick, efficient, and luxurious way to travel for a special occasion. More often than not, air taxis are particularly useful for individuals who need to fly to multiple events within one day. There are several air charter companies that provide air taxis and they are generally consistent in price and quality. As a general rule, when you hire an air taxi, the rate is hourly based on your itinerary. They also tend to accommodate a small numbers of individuals, depending on the size of your aircraft.
There are numerous benefits to hiring an air taxi. One of the main advantages is that you can travel according to your own schedule; this means that you are not dependent upon commercial aircrafts to reach your destination. Furthermore, air taxis can be useful for a significant array of individuals. Whether your employer is a politician, or involved in the business sector, there are many occasions where an air taxi can save time. In fact, this is the primary reason why people hire air taxis. Like regular taxis, they are much quicker and more independent than regular forms of public transport.
How does an Air Taxi work?
An air taxi is a very simple mode of travel and can be catered around your individual needs. When you order an air taxi, all you need to do is inform the company about your itinerary and the number of travellers. You won’t need to worry about baggage size or queuing; everything will be taken care of upon arrival.
Given that the size of air taxis are generally smaller, the aircrafts are primarily used to travel domestically. For this reason, air taxis will not be suitable for journeys which exceed over 2000 miles. They are also best suited to smaller parties (not exceeding 5 people). If you need to accommodate more individuals, then you may wish to consider an alternative aircraft (such as a mid-size jet).
Benefits of Air Taxi
We’ve already seen some of the main benefits of hiring an air taxi for a special occasion. However, there are many reasons why air taxis continue to be a popular mode of travel even beyond business events. Here is a summary of the most important points that you need to know.
- Cost: Although this might seem surprising, it can be more cost effective to hire an air taxi depending on your journey. If you are travelling to multiple locations in one day, for example, it might be cheaper to hire an air taxi than book several commercial flights. However, much of this will depend on how much you intend to travel. If money isn’t a problem, then air taxis are advantageous because of their flexibility and time-saving nature.
- Flexibility: One of the biggest problems with flying commercially is that you must adhere to commercial aircraft timetables. Air taxis, however, are hired to fully accommodate your schedule needs. You won’t need to wait in long queues or even worry about changing your flight if your timetable changes. Your account manager will be able to accommodate your needs accordingly, even at short notice. Nearly all of the air taxi supplies operate 24 hours a day. For these reasons, air taxis are an incredibly flexible way of travelling.
- Time saving: Closely linked to its flexibility, air taxis save an enormous amount of time compared to flying commercially. It’s possible to visit multiple locations in one day and still make it back to the office in a short time. In addition to this, you won’t need to hang around any airports and book-in your luggage. If you require an air taxi for personal events, moreover, then you won’t need to waste your time using public transport.
- Quality of service: One of the most noticeable differences with flying privately is the improved quality of service. In addition to the flexibility, air taxis offer more interior space and comfort compared to flying in regular commercial flights. Depending on your requirements and airliner, furthermore, your air taxi may provide you with complimentary refreshments. Altogether, the quality of service is in air taxis goes above and beyond ordinary modes of travel.
- Safety: Finally, air taxis are also a very safe way to travel. According to leading MIT professor Arnold Barnett, you could travel on average for 123,000 days before dying in a plane crash. This means that travelling by aircraft is generally much safer than making your journey by car, bus, or train.
There are many reasons why air taxis are incredibly popular. Overall, they are speedier and more efficient than public travel. You receive a much higher level of personal service and your account manager will ensure that everything is taken care of. If you are a PA, then an air taxi will give you added peace of mind and more flexibility than traditional modes of flying.
Purposes of Air Taxi
There are a variety of events and occasions where an air taxi can be the best option available. Whether you need to attend a business event (like a conference) or even a family wedding, air taxis can be an efficient and impressive way to travel. Given that they are are speedy and comfortable, many individuals choose air taxis for corporate and sporting occasions which have strict timetables. Here is a small list of the events which commonly require air taxis:
- Business events: If your employer is a politician or business mogul, then time is absolutely paramount. This job often demands a difficult lifestyle which can include travelling to different locations all within the same day. If you are travelling commercially, then this can be especially difficult if your flight is hindered by delays and cancellations. This is why air taxis are often a vital component of business trips. They allow for complete flexibility and seek to cater for the individual.
- Hospitality: Additionally, air taxis can be wonderful if you are travelling to a special social event. For those who live outwith the city, air taxis can be a fantastic and time-saving way of attending important occasions. This can be anything from a glamorous premiere to a private dinner party. The choices are endless.
- Sports events:Whether you are an athlete or avid supporter, sports events can often be hectic and incredibly time-restrictive. For people who attend golf events, for example, you’ll want to avoid the traffic and arrive in a timely manner. This is where air taxis can be fantastically useful. Moreover, if you are an athlete, then air taxis can take the trouble out of travelling and save you lots of time.
- Private occasions: Although air taxis might seem like something restricted to celebrities, they can be a wonderful way to help celebrate a special occasion. If you are attending a wedding, for instance, then an air taxi will definitely make an impact on your guests. Furthermore, air taxis can also be useful for individuals who are travelling to meet family who live far away. In beneficial term, air taxis will help save you time from negotiating traffic. This is the last thing you need when you attend a special occasion.
Who uses Air Taxis?
As there are many occasions which can require an air taxi, there are also many individuals who use them on a regular basis. If you working within London, for example, then an air taxi can meet you at any airport which suits you. Furthermore, if you need to travel domestically, then an air taxi can save you a lot of time. Here are some of the people who can benefit from using air taxis:
- Business sector: contrary to popular belief, some air taxis can be flown to Europe and can even accommodate up to 50 people. This means that they can be an effective way to travel for companies who are journeying to a conference event. It can sometimes be more cost effective and efficient to fly a company altogether at once, rather than separately on different flights. You can also ensure that everyone arrives together and your account manager will ensure that everyone arrives happy.
- Celebrities: If your employer is a celebrity of VIP, then an air taxi can be incredibly beneficial for several reasons. An air taxi can ensure that your journey is entirely private; you won’t need to negotiate your way through a crowded airport. In addition to this, it’s much easier to fly discreetly when using an air taxi. Only you and your account manager will know your itinerary, making it much easier to ensure the safety of your VIP. Furthermore, air taxis are a much more luxurious way to travel compared to traditional modes of transportation.
- Politicians: Like the business sector, politicians often have difficult schedules which they must adhere with. However, there are more benefits to traveling via air taxi than just speed. Air taxis are typically more modest than private jets (particularly the small ones). This means that they less ostentatious and potentially less controversial amongst voters. Beyond this, air taxis also make it easier for politicians to travel discreetly and without the fuss of travelling commercially.
Are there any disadvantages to using Air Taxis?
While we’ve looked at all of the advantages of air taxis, there also some potential downsides compared to other types of chartered aircraft. Here are some worthwhile considerations:
- Size restrictions: Depending on your size of aircraft, an air taxi is usually designed to accommodate small groups. This means that it’s not always suitable for larger companies (usually 50+). When doing your research, it will be important to choose an aircraft which can accommodate all of your needs.
- Distance restrictions: As a general rule of thumb, the larger the aircraft the further it will be able to travel. This means that if you are travelling as a pair, for example, then you will need to hire a larger aircraft if your destination is beyond 2000 miles. Nevertheless, most air taxis are hired for domestic flight purposes. If you are ever in doubt, then your account manager will be able to advise you accordingly.
Overall, there are only a small number of disadvantages of hiring an air taxi but they are still very important. This is why research is always absolutely fundamental.
Air Taxis: A Summary
Air taxis are a wonderful option for people who need travel with speed, efficiency, and a touch of luxury. There are many benefits to hiring an air taxi and they are beneficial for a large number of individuals; from those in the business sector to individuals travelling privately for a special event. One of the most obvious reasons for booking an air taxi is that they allow for great flexibility. Most airliners will operate 24 hours a day and your account manager will address any last-minute itinerary changes. This makes air taxis much more useful than traditional commercial flying. Moreover, you won’t need to wait in any queues or comply with luggage restrictions.
Although there are some restrictions with hiring air taxis, they remain an overall efficient and exciting way to travel. Many people will use an air taxi for weddings and even for special events, like private dinners. For these reasons, air taxis continue to be a popular and practical way to travel beyond traditional commercial flying.